Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This is the cabin that we stayed at for the weekend! We went with our friends Heather and Eric and their WHOLE family. We had lots of fun fishing, four-wheeling and putting puzzles together. I did get into a little four-wheeling accident and hurt my thumb, but i'll survive!
This is me and kevin in front of a waterfall near one of the lakes we went fishing in.
This is Kevin with his first catch of the day. He honestly caught this fish within the first minute of throwing in his line. He didn't even have time to turn around and unfold his chair! Way to go babe!
Yes, that sad looking person is me! It was really cold and we had been out for 7 hours. Lets see who looks good after that long sitting in 40* weather trying to catch a fish! And this is the only fish i caught all day to! i don't think i'm cut out for fishing.

Those black dots are bugs! At the first lake we fished at was packed with these "may flies" that would come to life at the slightest sign of sun and swarms us and then land all over us and just sit there. We were all covered with these nasty things and all we could hear was the buzz of them. I honesty had a hard time sleeping that night cuz i kept imaging buggs on me. YUCK!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ciara and Kev! I found you through Jenn. Looks like you guys are doing great! Vegas looked fun and so did memorial day! I can't wait until my husband isn't a student anymore so we can do fun stuff like that!

Megan Slider said...

Looks like fun, except for the bugs. That's the worst part of camping for me.

Jenn said...

How much fun are you guys! What an exciting weekend getaway, I'm jealous.

bladhfamily said...

I have never fished in my life.I have watched, but never actually reeled a fish in. I wouldn't mind trying. Looks like ya had a grand time. By the way, where did you go to find snow at the end of May? It was like 85 degrees here.

Joey Shepherd said...

Happy Birthday Ciara!